With an 8ft banner and a larger than life photo and the hashtag #notyourordinaryaccountant – I spent three days last week at the Xero Roadshows talking to all the Xero Partners on the Sunshine Coast (Attendee), Brisbane (Exhibitor) and the Gold Coast (Exhibitor).
Exhibiting at a Xero Roadshow was a new experience for me, I’ve attended for years as a visitor, but felt it was time to broadcast the message loud and clear that… “Cloud Integrators are here to help Bookkeepers and Accountants!” – I think I achieved that goal quite successfully!
So from a new perspective, how did I see things differently as an exhibitor?
- Instead of speaking to one or two people over coffee and lunch I spoke to 100’s of the attendees across the two days.
- The biggest thing that stood out was that the Accounting and Bookkeeping partners (within the Xero Ecosystem) didn’t know how to find Cloud Integrators – Which gave me opportunity to put to Xero, that they need to add us to the Marketplace!
- The response to finding someone who can help them and their clients maximise the potential efficiencies of the cloud – not just with Xero but with all the job management, analytics, inventory management and other apps was fabulous.
- That in today’s online world, only about 5% of attendees had Business cards! Good job I could use technology to take a snapshot of the attendee’s details.
- It was great to meet in person so many people who I interact with on social media and from within the expert forums I am a part of.
- The chance to connect with other industry experts (Kim from ServiceM8 in the photo!) and other key personnel from Xero and the Xero partner community of South East Queensland
- That a Xero Roadshow is way better catered for, than most of the expos I have participated in!
- And that I now have lots of connections to make online and leads to follow up.
Thanks Xero for another fabulous event… I look forward to the year ahead. If you’d like to know more about Cloud Integrators or ways we can help, please register here